I noticed you have two different versions. What is the difference between them?
– We have two different grades available: Vesconite Hilube (White) and Vesconite Superlube (Pink). They are two very unique and different polymers, however the Superlube has the lowest coefficient of friction, thus classified as the advanced grade.
Which is better suited for my printer? Hilube or Superlube?
Whilst the Superlube is the advanced grade due to its lower coefficient of friction, both versions are perfectly suited for 3D printers. Lower friction will result in less strain on the stepper motors, as well as an extended wear life. Kindly note that both the Superlube and the Hilube have self-lubricating properties. It’s ultimately up to the customer’s personal preference and budget.
Do I need to use any lubrication?
– No, Vesconite is self lubricating and does not require any grease, however any form of lubrication will extend the wear life of a component and reduce the overall friction. The double recess grooves were incorporated to act as either a grease / lube reservoir, or a dust / grime trap.
Where can I buy these?
– Direct sales (send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org) or *additional webstore information to follow*
What bushing/bearing range do you offer?
– We are able to provide a replacement bushing for each of the standard LM (Linear Motion) range sizes. We also manufacture custom sizes for unique requirements (non-standard dimensions, custom builds etc.) Send your request for custom sizing through to email@example.com
Securing of Bushings
– Regardless of what housing / securing method is used to install these bushings, one should always be careful of over-clamping or over-tightening as this may cause bore closure / shaft gripping to some extent due to the very tight running clearance. – Take note that Vesconite bushings do not require a predetermined, equally distributed clamp loading to end up with the desired running clearance.
What rods to you recommend?
– These bushings have been designed to fit standard precision machined / smooth steel rods, resulting in a designed running clearance of 0.05 mm (0.002”) for a snug fit without any shaft gripping. – Different shaft tolerances will have different effects on the fit. Kindly note that Vesconite Bearings do no manufacture or sell said rods. – Carbon fiber rods are also perfectly suited.
Do you have any bulk pricing structure?
– No, these bushings are sold at a fixed price per unit.
What are the main benefits of Vesconite over standard linear roller bearings?
– Significant reduction in noise- Self-Lubricating: Elimination / reduction of greasing cycles- Vesconite is extremely shaft friendly – will not cause any damage to the shaft surface. – We can manufacture custom sizes- No stick-slip / stiction- Available globally